Sunday, April 13, 2008

Yes, it has been awhile. But I come to you with only regretful news that my quest is not going as planned.
I have cut down on smoking, but I have failed to quit.
That is alright though. I know it is not what I intended, but I know now that it will take more than a notion to overcome this weakness.

I still do have every intention to quit, and I am going to very soon. I am still very much trying to put this habit behind me and move on, but I have realized that there is more about myself that needs to change in my life besides smoking. If you read my other blog, "Two Watches", then you know that I have come to the realization that I am a weak person in many other ways that probably contribute to the weakness I have when it comes to smoking.

At the risk of sounding cliche or drone, I am on a road of enlightenment where I am looking deep inside my soul to know the reasons, or at least understand the reasons, why I portray so much anger. Why my soul is weak when it comes to something as simple as nicotine.
The two probably go hand in hand. To settle the anger that overwhelms, I smoke with the ignorance looming of calmness with each puff.

I am merely human, but now I know that being human still does not give me the excuse to not be the addicted, angry snake that will only slither across his life without the remorse of not trying.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sounds like you have made a lot of progress through self examination, which will ultimately give you the strength to kick the habit! Be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished so far, as it's not easy. Keep on trucking!