Thursday, March 27, 2008

Forgive Me Father, For I Have Smoked

You had to see it coming. Everyone had to know that I would give into the temptation.
I didn't think I would this time, but there it was, dangling right in front of my face like the steak in front of that bulldogs face in the Tom and Jerry cartoons.
It was a nice, refreshing cigarette with sweet menthol tastes.
How could I resist?
Very easily probably, but with my bad mood and the excuse I knew I would use - stress - I gave in and felt the smoke overwhelm my body and cause that wonderful tingling feeling of ecstasy in the form of tobacco.

I figured I should be honest and even report my failings. I am still on course though to quit, and I truly do want to quit.
The beast has not yet been tamed!

Right now, though, as I sit here typing, I feel nothing but calmness and wish not to smoke anymore without even a craving.
I think that is a good sign.
So I will keep my chin up and my lips un-puckered as this journey continues.

I am in a bad mood right now, though. I do not know if it is the nicotine withdrawals or the fact that I wish I didn't have to work.
But hey, I still do NOT want a cigarette.

Bitch on Frank! Bitch on.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Did you buy some or bum one??

Where there's a will, there's a way!